HOME l PATIENT INFO l ABOUT US l WHO WE ARE l KIDS SMILES' DONORS l
Kids Smiles would like to invite you to SHARE A SMILE for National Children’s Dental Health Month this February. Read below to learn about the challenge low-income children face in accessing dental care and how the Kids Smiles Grin & Share It program helps!
Did you know?
- Dental caries (tooth decay) is the most common chronic childhood illness
- Children from low-income families have twice the prevalence of dental caries (tooth decay) that higher-income children do
- In 2011, about half of all children enrolled in Medicaid did not access dental care in the District of Columbia and Pennsylvania
- In 2014, 18 million low-income children went without dental care
- More than 7,000 children are uninsured in the communities that Kids Smiles serves
In 2011, Kids Smiles launched the Grin & Share It program to provide free dental care to children with limited or no insurance
- 91% of Kids Smiles patients are uninsured, or covered by Medicaid or other public insurance
- About 2,000 children receive free services or full comprehensive care through the Grin & Share It program each year
- The Grin & Share It program is supported by generous funders in 2015-16, such as:
o Esther Gowen Hood Trust, administered by BNY Mellon Wealth Management
o CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
o Santander Bank Foundation
o Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
The Grin & Share It program is a vital resource for children in our community, but it cannot grow without your support.
Help Kids Smiles truly celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month this February and SHARE A SMILE with children in need today!
DENTAL SERVICES l EDUCATION l SPOTLIGHT l CONTACT US
©2011 Kids Smiles Dental Center. All Rights Reserved.
Site Created By In Touch Advertising.